RE: [mythsoc] Obsessed fan scam

  • jack@greenmanreview.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 5, 2005
      > Oh my goodness! I hadn't heard. I must live under a rock. Thanks,
      > Wendell. I'm not rushing out to buy this one but I will make a note of it.

      Go read http://www.wweek.com/story.php?story=5307 for all the gory details.
    • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 5, 2005
        The question is, do I really need to do that?

        Thanks, anyway. :-)

        Lizzie

        Elizabeth Apgar Triano
        lizziewriter@...
        amor vincit omnia
        www.lizziewriter.com
        www.danburymineralogicalsociety.org

      • Stolzi
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 5, 2005
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 5, 2005
            I actually exchanged some e-mails with one of these folks in her "Victoria
            Bitter" fanfic persona. I thought then and think now that she's a genuinely
            talented writer; unfortunately, talent is no guarantee of sanity. I hope she
            gets help and gets her life back on track, for everybody's sake -- including
            mine, because I want her to keep writing!

            Susan

          • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 5, 2005

              > I actually exchanged some e-mails with one of these folks in her
              "Victoria
              > Bitter" fanfic persona. I thought then and think now that she's a
              genuinely
              > talented writer; unfortunately, talent is no guarantee of sanity. I
              hope she
              > gets help and gets her life back on track, for everybody's sake --
              including
              > mine, because I want her to keep writing!
              >
              > Susan

              "Talent is no guarantee of sanity." There but for the grace of God go we,
              or perhaps we linger and look with morbid curiosity into the depths, or
              imagine that we are so talented in the first place.

              Thanks for the anecdote, Susan, it reminds us how real this strange,
              strange world is.