RE: [mythsoc] Obsessed fan scam

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 5, 2005
      Oh my goodness! I hadn't heard. I must live under a rock. Thanks,
      Wendell. I'm not rushing out to buy this one but I will make a note of it.

      Lizzie

      Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia
      www.lizziewriter.com
      www.danburymineralogicalsociety.org

      _http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0965313646/qid=1104892248/sr=
      8-

    • jack@greenmanreview.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 5, 2005
        > Oh my goodness! I hadn't heard. I must live under a rock. Thanks,
        > Wendell. I'm not rushing out to buy this one but I will make a note of it.

        Go read http://www.wweek.com/story.php?story=5307 for all the gory details.
      • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 5, 2005
          The question is, do I really need to do that?

          Thanks, anyway. :-)

          Lizzie

          Elizabeth Apgar Triano
          lizziewriter@...
          amor vincit omnia
          www.lizziewriter.com
          www.danburymineralogicalsociety.org

        • Stolzi
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 5, 2005
            From: <jack@...>

            > Go read http://www.wweek.com/story.php?story=5307 for all the gory
            details.

            Our very own Amy Sturgis (teaches in Nashville, has presented at to two
            Mythcons now) is quoted therein.

            I also enjoyed skimming Jeanine Renne's online site and will probably buy
            her book.

            The book title itself is GREAT.

            http://www.turondo.com/

            Diamond Proudbrook
          • SusanPal@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 5, 2005
              I actually exchanged some e-mails with one of these folks in her "Victoria
              Bitter" fanfic persona. I thought then and think now that she's a genuinely
              talented writer; unfortunately, talent is no guarantee of sanity. I hope she
              gets help and gets her life back on track, for everybody's sake -- including
              mine, because I want her to keep writing!

              Susan

            • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 5, 2005

                > I actually exchanged some e-mails with one of these folks in her
                "Victoria
                > Bitter" fanfic persona. I thought then and think now that she's a
                genuinely
                > talented writer; unfortunately, talent is no guarantee of sanity. I
                hope she
                > gets help and gets her life back on track, for everybody's sake --
                including
                > mine, because I want her to keep writing!
                >
                > Susan

                "Talent is no guarantee of sanity." There but for the grace of God go we,
                or perhaps we linger and look with morbid curiosity into the depths, or
                imagine that we are so talented in the first place.

                Thanks for the anecdote, Susan, it reminds us how real this strange,
                strange world is.