Obsessed fan scam

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 4, 2005
      Do people know about this?:

      _http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0965313646/qid=1104892248/sr=8-
      1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/104-9188247-5727143?v=glance&s=books&n=507846_
      (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0965313646/qid=1104892248/sr=8-1/ref
      =sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/104-9188247-5727143?v=glance&s=books&n=507846)

      (or seach Amazon for the author Jeanine Renne).

    • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 5, 2005
        Oh my goodness! I hadn't heard. I must live under a rock. Thanks,
        Wendell. I'm not rushing out to buy this one but I will make a note of it.

        Lizzie

        Elizabeth Apgar Triano
        lizziewriter@...
        amor vincit omnia
        www.lizziewriter.com
        www.danburymineralogicalsociety.org

      • jack@greenmanreview.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 5, 2005
          > Oh my goodness! I hadn't heard. I must live under a rock. Thanks,
          > Wendell. I'm not rushing out to buy this one but I will make a note of it.

          Go read http://www.wweek.com/story.php?story=5307 for all the gory details.
        • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 5, 2005
            The question is, do I really need to do that?

            Thanks, anyway. :-)

            Lizzie

            Elizabeth Apgar Triano
            lizziewriter@...
            amor vincit omnia
            www.lizziewriter.com
            www.danburymineralogicalsociety.org

          • Stolzi
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 5, 2005
              From: <jack@...>

              > Go read http://www.wweek.com/story.php?story=5307 for all the gory
              details.

              Our very own Amy Sturgis (teaches in Nashville, has presented at to two
              Mythcons now) is quoted therein.

              I also enjoyed skimming Jeanine Renne's online site and will probably buy
              her book.

              The book title itself is GREAT.

              http://www.turondo.com/

              Diamond Proudbrook
            • SusanPal@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 5, 2005
                I actually exchanged some e-mails with one of these folks in her "Victoria
                Bitter" fanfic persona. I thought then and think now that she's a genuinely
                talented writer; unfortunately, talent is no guarantee of sanity. I hope she
                gets help and gets her life back on track, for everybody's sake -- including
                mine, because I want her to keep writing!

                Susan

              • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 5, 2005

                  > I actually exchanged some e-mails with one of these folks in her
                  "Victoria
                  > Bitter" fanfic persona. I thought then and think now that she's a
                  genuinely
                  > talented writer; unfortunately, talent is no guarantee of sanity. I
                  hope she
                  > gets help and gets her life back on track, for everybody's sake --
                  including
                  > mine, because I want her to keep writing!
                  >
                  > Susan

                  "Talent is no guarantee of sanity." There but for the grace of God go we,
                  or perhaps we linger and look with morbid curiosity into the depths, or
                  imagine that we are so talented in the first place.

                  Thanks for the anecdote, Susan, it reminds us how real this strange,
                  strange world is.