Re: [mythsoc] Mythlore articles online

  • Wayne G. Hammond
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2, 2005
      David wrote:

      >*except the Tolkien Centenary Conference Proceedings, which as the only
      >"book" issue of Mythlore, and one of the best issues**, is the one people
      >are most likely to want. That's just plain out of print.

      I believe that its co-publisher, the Tolkien Society (it also counts as an
      issue of the TS journal _Mallorn_) still has copies available for purchase.
      There was a mention in the TS bulletin _Amon Hen_ a while back about plans
      to reprint the Proceedings, but as far as I know, nothing has come of that.

      Wayne Hammond
    • Elizabeth Katz
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 2, 2005
        David Bratman wrote:

        >Mythlore is not in a lot of libraries, but if you want a particular
        >article, all back issues of Mythlore* are available from the Society for a
        >reasonable fee. Even those out of stock* may be had in photocopy form.

        Yes... however, I believe the wait is something like six weeks. And it
        is understandable that a non-profit can't really manage any faster
        turnaround. Unfortunately when I'm after an article, which I happen to
        be at the moment :-) I'm in the middle of a project with a deadline.
        When my local library can find the article, they can send it in PDF
        format. This speeds things up quite a bit. I believe that this also
        preserves the copyright in someway. However, in my current situation I
        find myself once more out of luck.

        So.... Anyone know where I can locate "The Trans-cosmic Journeys in /The
        Chronicles of Narnia/," Steven Yandell, /Mythlore/ 43, vol. 12, no. I
        (August 1985), pp. 9-23.

        Liz Katz