Re: [mythsoc] Re: Mythlore online etc.

  • Margaret Dean
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2005
      David Bratman wrote:

      > At 09:37 AM 1/1/2005 -0600, Ted Sherman wrote:
      >
      > >I would like to get Gale and/or EBSCO to put the earlier issues online, but
      > >because we'd have to get permission from the authors of all those articles,
      > >it just isn't feasible, especially since we have no way to track them down
      > >(no records from the lates 60s-2000).
      >
      > I bet some of us could help with that, especially if the services are
      > willing to go with partial issues. I believe I've seen journals on these
      > online services for which some articles are available and some are not, and
      > that's probably the reason. Check with them and let us know.

      At the least, I'd certainly give permission for the couple of
      articles I had in =Mythlore= to be included.

      --Margaret (Purdy) Dean
      <margdean@...>
    • jack@greenmanreview.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2005
        *I bet some of us could help with that, especially if the services are
        *willing to go with partial issues. I believe I've seen journals on these
        *online services for which some articles are available and some are not, and
        * that's probably the reason. Check with them and let us know.

        I doubt they will. All the database services like to do whole siiues, and perferably
        entire volumes.
      • Berni Phillips
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 1, 2005
          From: "David Bratman" <dbratman@...>

          > At 09:37 AM 1/1/2005 -0600, Ted Sherman wrote:
          >
          > >I would like to get Gale and/or EBSCO to put the earlier issues online,
          but
          > >because we'd have to get permission from the authors of all those
          articles,
          > >it just isn't feasible, especially since we have no way to track them
          down
          > >(no records from the lates 60s-2000).
          >
          > I bet some of us could help with that, especially if the services are
          > willing to go with partial issues. I believe I've seen journals on these
          > online services for which some articles are available and some are not,
          and
          > that's probably the reason. Check with them and let us know.
          >
          > David Bratman

          Does Lee Speth keep a copy of every issue? (Someone must if photocopies
          are available of sold-out issues. I shudder to think of someone trying to
          find them in our house!)

          Berni