Re: [mythsoc] Re: Mythlore online etc.

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2005
      At 09:37 AM 1/1/2005 -0600, Ted Sherman wrote:

      >I would like to get Gale and/or EBSCO to put the earlier issues online, but
      >because we'd have to get permission from the authors of all those articles,
      >it just isn't feasible, especially since we have no way to track them down
      >(no records from the lates 60s-2000).

      I bet some of us could help with that, especially if the services are
      willing to go with partial issues. I believe I've seen journals on these
      online services for which some articles are available and some are not, and
      that's probably the reason. Check with them and let us know.

      David Bratman
    • Margaret Dean
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2005
        David Bratman wrote:

        > At 09:37 AM 1/1/2005 -0600, Ted Sherman wrote:
        >
        > >I would like to get Gale and/or EBSCO to put the earlier issues online, but
        > >because we'd have to get permission from the authors of all those articles,
        > >it just isn't feasible, especially since we have no way to track them down
        > >(no records from the lates 60s-2000).
        >
        > I bet some of us could help with that, especially if the services are
        > willing to go with partial issues. I believe I've seen journals on these
        > online services for which some articles are available and some are not, and
        > that's probably the reason. Check with them and let us know.

        At the least, I'd certainly give permission for the couple of
        articles I had in =Mythlore= to be included.

        --Margaret (Purdy) Dean
        <margdean@...>
      • jack@greenmanreview.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 1, 2005
          *I bet some of us could help with that, especially if the services are
          *willing to go with partial issues. I believe I've seen journals on these
          *online services for which some articles are available and some are not, and
          * that's probably the reason. Check with them and let us know.

          I doubt they will. All the database services like to do whole siiues, and perferably
          entire volumes.
        • Berni Phillips
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 1, 2005
            From: "David Bratman" <dbratman@...>

            > At 09:37 AM 1/1/2005 -0600, Ted Sherman wrote:
            >
            > >I would like to get Gale and/or EBSCO to put the earlier issues online,
            but
            > >because we'd have to get permission from the authors of all those
            articles,
            > >it just isn't feasible, especially since we have no way to track them
            down
            > >(no records from the lates 60s-2000).
            >
            > I bet some of us could help with that, especially if the services are
            > willing to go with partial issues. I believe I've seen journals on these
            > online services for which some articles are available and some are not,
            and
            > that's probably the reason. Check with them and let us know.
            >
            > David Bratman

            Does Lee Speth keep a copy of every issue? (Someone must if photocopies
            are available of sold-out issues. I shudder to think of someone trying to
            find them in our house!)

            Berni