Re: Mythlore online etc.

  • Ted Sherman
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2005
      Full-text articles of Mythlore from 2002 on (I believe that's the right
      date) are available via Infotrac or EAI (from Gale); once I submit the
      contract to EBSCO, the full text of articles will be available beginning
      with issues in 2005. As of now, no pre-2002 issues of Mythlore are available
      online.

      Anyone who published with Mythlore from 2001 or 2002 forward had to sign a
      publishing agreement whereby the author retains copyright but Mythlore has
      the right to distribute the content via 3rd parties (such as Gale and EBSCO)
      w/o any payment to authors beyond the complimentary copy they already
      receive.

      I would like to get Gale and/or EBSCO to put the earlier issues online, but
      because we'd have to get permission from the authors of all those articles,
      it just isn't feasible, especially since we have no way to track them down
      (no records from the lates 60s-2000).

      Ted
      --------------------------------
      Dr. Ted Sherman, Editor
      Mythopoeic Literature
      Professor, Department of English
      Box 041, Middle Tennessee State University
      Murfreesboro, TN 37130
      615 898.2653
      tsherman@...
      tedsherman@...
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2005
        At 09:37 AM 1/1/2005 -0600, Ted Sherman wrote:

        >I would like to get Gale and/or EBSCO to put the earlier issues online, but
        >because we'd have to get permission from the authors of all those articles,
        >it just isn't feasible, especially since we have no way to track them down
        >(no records from the lates 60s-2000).

        I bet some of us could help with that, especially if the services are
        willing to go with partial issues. I believe I've seen journals on these
        online services for which some articles are available and some are not, and
        that's probably the reason. Check with them and let us know.

        David Bratman
      • Margaret Dean
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 1, 2005
          David Bratman wrote:

          > At 09:37 AM 1/1/2005 -0600, Ted Sherman wrote:
          >
          > >I would like to get Gale and/or EBSCO to put the earlier issues online, but
          > >because we'd have to get permission from the authors of all those articles,
          > >it just isn't feasible, especially since we have no way to track them down
          > >(no records from the lates 60s-2000).
          >
          > I bet some of us could help with that, especially if the services are
          > willing to go with partial issues. I believe I've seen journals on these
          > online services for which some articles are available and some are not, and
          > that's probably the reason. Check with them and let us know.

          At the least, I'd certainly give permission for the couple of
          articles I had in =Mythlore= to be included.

          --Margaret (Purdy) Dean
          <margdean@...>
        • jack@greenmanreview.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 1, 2005
            *I bet some of us could help with that, especially if the services are
            *willing to go with partial issues. I believe I've seen journals on these
            *online services for which some articles are available and some are not, and
            * that's probably the reason. Check with them and let us know.

            I doubt they will. All the database services like to do whole siiues, and perferably
            entire volumes.
          • Berni Phillips
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 1, 2005
              From: "David Bratman" <dbratman@...>

              > At 09:37 AM 1/1/2005 -0600, Ted Sherman wrote:
              >
              > >I would like to get Gale and/or EBSCO to put the earlier issues online,
              but
              > >because we'd have to get permission from the authors of all those
              articles,
              > >it just isn't feasible, especially since we have no way to track them
              down
              > >(no records from the lates 60s-2000).
              >
              > I bet some of us could help with that, especially if the services are
              > willing to go with partial issues. I believe I've seen journals on these
              > online services for which some articles are available and some are not,
              and
              > that's probably the reason. Check with them and let us know.
              >
              > David Bratman

              Does Lee Speth keep a copy of every issue? (Someone must if photocopies
              are available of sold-out issues. I shudder to think of someone trying to
              find them in our house!)

              Berni