Re: A psychological evaluation of Gollum

  • Pauline J. Alama
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 28, 2004
      Too funny!!! :):):)
      I particularly like the way the other med students chimed in with
      serious alternate theories of Gollum's pathology. I would not
      have dreamed medical schools would be such a rich source of
      well-versed Tolkien readers.

      Pauline

      Pauline J. Alama
      THE EYE OF NIGHT (Bantam Spectra 2002)
      www.geocities.com/paulinejalama/paulinealama.html

      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, Joan Marie Verba

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 29, 2004
        In a message dated 12/28/2004 1:29:14 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
        PJAlama@... writes:
        I would not
        have dreamed medical schools would be such a rich source of
        well-versed Tolkien readers.
        I'm not surprised. One message board I frequently post to on which you can
        ask all sorts of questions and get them accurately answered has a regular who
        is (oddly enough) a prison doctor in real life. Not only does he give clear,
        accurate, understandable answers for all sorts of medical questions, but he's
        also one of the message board experts on Tolkien, knowledgeable about all the
        picky details of the Silmarillion that I would never dream of discussing
        because I just can't remember them.