RE: [mythsoc] Off Topic -- Merry Christmas

  • Beth Russell
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 27, 2004
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Mike Foster [mailto:mafoster@...]
      Sent: Saturday, December 25, 2004 2:47 PM
      To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Off Topic -- Merry Christmas

      "They must leave Rivendell Dec. 25" -Tolkien note to himself in the
      Marquette University JRRT collection.

      And in their Athrabeth, Finrod and Andreth speculate how Eru might enter
      into his creation.

      Belated Merry Christmas!

      Beth
    • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 27, 2004
        Where is the Athrabeth? I don't suppose it's in the Silmarillion?

        thanks

        Lizzie

        Elizabeth Apgar Triano
        lizziewriter@...
        amor vincit omnia
        www.lizziewriter.com
        www.danburymineralogicalsociety.org

      • JP Massar
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 27, 2004
          At 03:50 PM 12/27/2004, Elizabeth Apgar Triano wrote:

          >Where is the Athrabeth? I don't suppose it's in the Silmarillion?

          Morgoth's Ring
        • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 28, 2004
            Thank you! I think I have that on my wish/shopping list at amazon. So
            there's another reason to pick it up eventually. Or maybe I can find it
            someplace with a gift certificate. Ah, the holidays can be good at times.
            :-)

            I have had fun this week watching the extended DVD of ROTK with my little
            ones. It has been handy for something restful for the sick one to do, and
            they have sort of known what was going to happen, because after all they
            have seen the cartoon, you know. lol

            Elizabeth Apgar Triano
            lizziewriter@...
            amor vincit omnia
            www.lizziewriter.com
            www.danburymineralogicalsociety.org

          • karlstar2
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 28, 2004
              I think I know this one! No, it isn't. Otherwise, I'm stuck.

              --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth Apgar Triano"
              <lizziewriter@e...> wrote:

              > Where is the Athrabeth? I don't suppose it's in the Silmarillion?
              >
              > thanks
              >
              > Lizzie
              >
              > Elizabeth Apgar Triano
              > lizziewriter@e...
              > amor vincit omnia
              > www.lizziewriter.com
              > www.danburymineralogicalsociety.org

            • Beth Russell
              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 28, 2004
                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 28, 2004
                  Me and my gift card are going to Borders tomorrow, James. LMK if you want
                  me to bring Morgoth's Ring for you to peek at next visit. I don't keep
                  track of the history the way some of the gang does, but I do love the
                  things that I do retain.

                  xox