A psychological evaluation of Gollum

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 27, 2004
      A psychological evaluation of Gollum:

      http://bmj.bmjjournals.com/cgi/content/full/329/7480/1435
    • Pauline J. Alama
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 28, 2004
        Too funny!!! :):):)
        I particularly like the way the other med students chimed in with
        serious alternate theories of Gollum's pathology. I would not
        have dreamed medical schools would be such a rich source of
        well-versed Tolkien readers.

        Pauline

        Pauline J. Alama
        THE EYE OF NIGHT (Bantam Spectra 2002)
        www.geocities.com/paulinejalama/paulinealama.html

        --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, Joan Marie Verba

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 29, 2004
          In a message dated 12/28/2004 1:29:14 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
          PJAlama@... writes:
          I would not
          have dreamed medical schools would be such a rich source of
          well-versed Tolkien readers.
          I'm not surprised. One message board I frequently post to on which you can
          ask all sorts of questions and get them accurately answered has a regular who
          is (oddly enough) a prison doctor in real life. Not only does he give clear,
          accurate, understandable answers for all sorts of medical questions, but he's
          also one of the message board experts on Tolkien, knowledgeable about all the
          picky details of the Silmarillion that I would never dream of discussing
          because I just can't remember them.