Christmas Greetings

  • Stolzi
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 24, 2004
      Thanks to all for their greetings.

      In return I offer a small poem which some of you have undoubtedly seen
      before

      STAR OVER NARNIA

      So clear, so silver-shrill, aloft and far
      High over Narnia sings a star.

      He sings above, and here below
      In Lantern Waste a lamp will glow;
      Young fauns will sit in spellbound row
      And hear a tale of long ago.

      And in Cair Paravel tonight
      The feast is kept, the fires are bright,
      The wine is poured, and rulers great
      Sit in their wise and holy state -
      But all, like Lucy, with laughing heart,
      (For she has chosen the better part)
      Now taste the rough embrace, now see the shining face
      Of Lion's love.

      Father of Aslan, Emperor over Sea,
      Send us, us too, a light,
      Here where our earth falls deeper into night,
      A light from Thee.

      Diamond Proudbrook