Off Topic -- Merry Christmas

  • Walkermonk@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 23, 2004
      To all on the MythSoc list --

      Wishing you *all* a wonderfully Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

      Love,
      Grace Monk

      "The Virgin brings forth today the Omnipotent, and the earth offers a cave to
      the Unapproachable; angels give glory with shepherds and the magi journey
      with the stars when for our sakes was born as a new babe, He who is from eternity
      God." -- Hymn in preparation of the Feast

      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 23, 2004
        A Merry Christmas, and a Pippin New Year!

        - owner of a cat named Pippin
      • Berni Phillips
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 24, 2004
          From: <Walkermonk@...>

          > To all on the MythSoc list --
          >
          > Wishing you *all* a wonderfully Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

          And also with you, Grace!

          Berni
        • Stolzi
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 24, 2004
            Can Christmas really be off-topic in Mythopoeia?

            Especially when all our three Authors wrote about it (FATHER CHRISTMAS
            LETTERS, LION WITCH WARDROBE, and I believe Charles Williams wrote a
            Christmas play or two).

            joy to all,
            Diamond Proudbrook
          • alexeik@aol.com
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 25, 2004
              In a message dated 12/25/4 12:25:03 AM, Diamond Proudbrook wrote:

              <<and I believe Charles Williams wrote a

              Christmas play or two).>>

              Not to mention the fact that _The Greater Trumps_ takes place on Christmas.
              Alexei
            • Stolzi
              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 25, 2004
                > In a message dated 12/25/4 12:25:03 AM, Diamond Proudbrook wrote:
                >
                > <<and I believe Charles Williams wrote a
                >
                > Christmas play or two).>>
                >
                > Not to mention the fact that _The Greater Trumps_ takes place on
                Christmas.

                Dang! How could I forget that?

                "Rise to adore the mystery of love..." the Christmas hymn ("Christians,
                awake! Salute the happy morn") which is the whole key to the character of
                Sybil Coningsby.

                Quite common in the UK I believe, but not so often sung here.

                www.oremus.org/hymnal/c/c040.html

                Diamond Proudbrook
              • Mike Foster
                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 25, 2004
                  "They must leave Rivendell Dec. 25" -Tolkien note to himself in the
                  Marquette University JRRT collection.

                  alexeik@... wrote:

                  >In a message dated 12/25/4 12:25:03 AM, Diamond Proudbrook wrote:
                  >
                  ><<and I believe Charles Williams wrote a
                  >
                  >Christmas play or two).>>
                  >
                  >Not to mention the fact that _The Greater Trumps_ takes place on Christmas.
                  >Alexei

                  >Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Rachel
                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 26, 2004
                    --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Stolzi" <Stolzi@c...> wrote:

> [...]
                    And I finished reading Greater Trumps yesterday which was quite an
                    unplanned coincidence.

                    I hope all had a Merry Christmas!

                  • Beth Russell
                    Message 9 of 15 , Dec 27, 2004
                      Message 10 of 15 , Dec 27, 2004
                        Where is the Athrabeth? I don't suppose it's in the Silmarillion?

                        thanks

                        Lizzie

                        Elizabeth Apgar Triano
                        lizziewriter@...
                        amor vincit omnia
                        www.lizziewriter.com
                        www.danburymineralogicalsociety.org

                      • JP Massar
                        Message 11 of 15 , Dec 27, 2004
                          At 03:50 PM 12/27/2004, Elizabeth Apgar Triano wrote:

                          >Where is the Athrabeth? I don't suppose it's in the Silmarillion?

                          Morgoth's Ring
                        • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
                          Message 12 of 15 , Dec 28, 2004
                            Thank you! I think I have that on my wish/shopping list at amazon. So
                            there's another reason to pick it up eventually. Or maybe I can find it
                            someplace with a gift certificate. Ah, the holidays can be good at times.
                            :-)

                            I have had fun this week watching the extended DVD of ROTK with my little
                            ones. It has been handy for something restful for the sick one to do, and
                            they have sort of known what was going to happen, because after all they
                            have seen the cartoon, you know. lol

                            Elizabeth Apgar Triano
                            lizziewriter@...
                            amor vincit omnia
                            www.lizziewriter.com
                            www.danburymineralogicalsociety.org

                          • karlstar2
                            Message 13 of 15 , Dec 28, 2004
                              I think I know this one! No, it isn't. Otherwise, I'm stuck.

                              --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth Apgar Triano"
                              <lizziewriter@e...> wrote:

                              > Where is the Athrabeth? I don't suppose it's in the Silmarillion?
                              >
                              > thanks
                              >
                              > Lizzie
                              >
                              > Elizabeth Apgar Triano
                              > lizziewriter@e...
                              > amor vincit omnia
                              > www.lizziewriter.com
                              > www.danburymineralogicalsociety.org

                            • Beth Russell
                              Message 14 of 15 , Dec 28, 2004
                                Message 15 of 15 , Dec 28, 2004
                                  Me and my gift card are going to Borders tomorrow, James. LMK if you want
                                  me to bring Morgoth's Ring for you to peek at next visit. I don't keep
                                  track of the history the way some of the gang does, but I do love the
                                  things that I do retain.

                                  xox