Re: yrderzomenymororses..,

  • LeslieJ55@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 26, 1999
      Lisa,
      good to hear from you. I was Leslie Mardis, strawberry blonde hair, friends
      with Glen,Bonnie, Bernie, Tasha. You and I used to talk alot.

      What happened with the group. I know Glen and Bonnie were divorcing when I
      left in 1976. I married Patrick Maloney, also a member, and I know they had a
      picnic after that. Bernie started the Phantasie Society for awhile. We saw
      people off and on when we return to Calif. Pat was in the Navy. I am now
      getting divorced.

      I joined the sociiety in Feb 1969 with my friends Dawn Morris, Linda McGee,
      and Anne Woods. I have photos of you from old yulemoots where we are talking.
      You might think of me as a hobbit, because I was pretty well known for coming
      to the 69 Bilbo -Frodo picnic as a Tim Kirk Hobbit with Shoes (from a drawing
      by Tim). I dated alot of guys in the group: Chris Barzak, Alpajpuri(Paul
      Novitski) and Chris Mitchell among some.

      It is good to pick up on old friends. Its been a long long time. I have
      traveled all over the US, have 2 kids, Brennan 21 married with baby due in
      April, and Sean , 18 and aspiring writer.

      Say Hi to anyone you know.

      Oh, I was mostly San Fernando. Do explain he Paula Sigmon thing.

      Cheers,
      Leslie
    • Diane Baker
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 27, 1999
        Grace E. Funk wrote:

        > From: gfunk@... (Grace E. Funk)
        >
        > To Diane Baker
        > You wrote "As for Terry Goodkind, he can be very rich, even with generics:
        > cloaks of sable "thick, black,and soft as sin."
        > Terry Goodkind did not make up that phrase (even though he may think he
        > did, I suppose). He is quoting from the poem "Lepanto" by G.K. Chesterton.
        >
        > "King Philip's in his closet wiyh the Fleece about his neck,
        > (Don John of Austria is armed upon the deck)
        > The walls are hung with velvet that is blacvk and soft aas sin,
        > And little dwarfs creep out of it and little dwarfs creep in."
        > Grace E. Funk
        >
        > Grace E. Funk R.R. #1, Lumby, B.C. V0E 2G0 Phone (250)547-6333

        Thanks for the phrases' origins; Chesterton always came up with
        wonderful phrases. Actually, I was talking about Martin in the quote,
        though I did refer to Goodkind earlier. He's only a cut above Robert
        Jordan---not that great.