His Darker Movies

  • David Lenander
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 8, 2004
      From the IAFA-L listserve comes this notice. Truly bizarre. Despite
      my complaints about the trilogy, I'm still astonished, not only at the
      studio decision but at the reaction of the author (of course, the
      spokesman might not have fully briefed the author on this latest
      development).

      <<God is cut from film of Dark Materials

      THE Hollywood adaptation of Philip Pullman’s trilogy His Dark
      Materials, in which two children do battle with an evil, all-powerful
      church, is being rewritten to remove anti-religious overtones.

      Chris Weitz, the director, has horrified fans by announcing that
      references to the church are likely to be banished in his film.
      Meanwhile the “Authority”, the weak God figure, will become “any
      arbitrary establishment that curtails the freedom of the individual”.

      David Lenander
      d-lena@... or david_lenander@...
      2095 Hamline Ave. N.
      Roseville, MN 55113
      651-292-8887 or 651-697-1807
    • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 8, 2004
        Now that is just too funny.

        thanks,

        Lizzie

        Elizabeth Apgar Triano
        lizziewriter@...
        amor vincit omnia
        www.lizziewriter.com
        www.danburymineralogicalsociety.org

      • Stolzi
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 8, 2004
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 8, 2004
            As to the Disneyfication of Narnia...just wait and see. Trade in your
            Gollum Happy Meal coupons for fissssh and chippppps for your BK
            Aslanburger--it's your mane meal.

            Cheers?
            Mike