Re: [mythsoc] Tolkien and Freemasonry

  • Stolzi
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 5, 2004
      From: <WendellWag@...>

      > It isn't really clear how Christian some of our founding fathers were.
      > About Jefferson, there's no doubt that he was more of a Deist, since we
      have his
      > writings about religious subjects.

      Yes; I wasn't including him in my list of Masonic Presidents; as far as I
      know TJ was not a Mason. Was Franklin, for that matter? (Of course BF was
      not a President, though I once sent a correction to a web merchant who
      apptly believed that he was.)

      Because of his plain dress and his PA zip code, there were some, I believe,
      who fingered Franklin as a Quaker, which he was not.

      Show on History Channel about Franklin tonight, but I incline more towards
      MythBusters:

      "Sunday, December 5, 2004 at 8:00 PM (ET) on Discovery Channel:
      MythBusters
      Ming Dynasty Astronaut
      Buster takes the hot seat in the Mojave Desert in the myth of the 'Ming
      Dynasty Astronaut.' Will Buster defy the laws of gravity and survive an
      explosive launch into space? Adam and Jamie play mad scientists in the
      quest for free energy."

      History Channel is trying to milk the NATIONAL TREASURE cow, with a show
      about Bible Codes right before Franklin, and having Nicholas Cage host the
      Franklin show. But those in the mood cd equally well watch "Ramses: Wrath
      of God or Man?" on Discovery, right after the MythBusters.

      Diamond Proudbrook