Re: [mythsoc] Tolkien and Freemasonry (and NATIONAL TREASURE)

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 2004
      In a message dated 12/2/2004 9:53:31 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      Stolzi@... writes:

      Actually I'd rather like to see the movie. It gives apparently the same
      kind of thrills as DA VINCI CODE without the latter's ridiculous (and rather
      offensive to Christians) take on Christ, and besides, I like Nicholas Cage.

      _National Treasure_ doesn't really work. I see what it's trying for, but
      the jokes just aren't funny enough, the adventure isn't thrilling enough, and
      the characters aren't interesting enough. It's a xerox of a xerox of _Raiders
      of the Lost Ark_.