Re: [mythsoc] Digest Number 1740

  • steve
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2004
      Everybody, I seem to be having significant difficulties extracting my
      feet from my mouth at the moment.

      Authorial intent was not what reader interpretation suggests. :-(((
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2004
        At 12:58 PM 12/2/2004 -0600, steve wrote:

        >Authorial intent was not what reader interpretation suggests. :-(((

        If it wasn't, author desperately needs an elementary remedial course in
        expressing his intent. Hint: crude insults and low-blow parodic names for
        states of the union will not win you friends or influence people there.
      • Katie Glick
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 2, 2004
          >Frankly, I didn't feel the urge to scroll down, given the first couple of
          >posts I saw. I'll hear about this little anecdote some other time I
          >suppose.

          Oops ... I'm sorry about that ... I was indeed referring to the
          comment that came below. It was so long that when I was finished
          reading it I forgot about what was at that the top. I didn't mean to
          offend anyone and I have no affiliation with that website, it was just
          what I happened to read. Here are some better links. I think this is a
          story with two different, very strong viewpoints, so in the interest
          of fairness, I have posted first the Reuters story reporting on the
          banning of the Declaration of Independence which contains the
          teacher's side of the story, and the second is a website that tries to
          get the school's side of the story, reporting on the strong (or
          exclusive) religious content of the lesson plan, parent complaints
          about this teacher, etc.

          http://www.reuters.com/printerFriendlyPopup.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=6911883

          http://www.eriposte.com/philosophy/fundamentalism/stevenscreek.htm

          Anyway, I guess I should stop with this now, since I'm not being
          mytheopeic at all.

          I am finding the freenmasonry discussion fascinating, but haven't
          anything to add, as I am not knowledgable in that area.

          -kt