Re: [mythsoc] Tolkien and Freemasonry (and NATIONAL TREASURE) (AND CHTHULHU)

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2004
      So what is the conflict between Roman Catholicism and Freemasonry anyway?

      I spent some years in Eastern Star, but am hardly privy to the terrible
      mysteries. There's a lot of Biblical stuff in the lower levels, anyway.

      Why was it (and was it?) outlawed in England at one point? I did just
      finish reading _That Darn Squid God_ (which is hardly literature, but which
      was fun), and it seemed to indicate that.

      Lizzie

      Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia