reading poetry aloud silently

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2004
      P.S.

      Oh, I suppose that reading aloud in one's head is something that would have
      to owe a debt to the readings one has heard . . . or perhaps just to voices
      that one has heard, even in cinema.

      Certainly it does not resemble, at least not in my head, the voices that I
      tend to overhear from television and movie programs today. There is such a
      nastiness of tone everywhere -- whether I am at the gym and one of the TVs
      is tuned to a soap opera, or at someone's house and they have on a
      court-TV-reality-cop-show thing, or a crude dj of an otherwise rockin'
      radio station... well, I guess I've just revealed a pet peeve, haven't I?
      lol

      Lizzie

      Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      lizziewriter@...