Call for Theological Papers at Tolkien 2005

  • Jef Murray
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2004
      Greetings!

      Two of our number on this list are planning to
      offer papers at the Tolkien 2005 event next August
      in Birmingham. And both of these are oriented toward
      the theological aspects of Tolkien's Legendarium.

      Since with four papers we could create
      a panel, I thought it might be appropriate to post to the
      group and see if there are any others out there
      who might wish to join us? If so, please drop me a line!
      Or, drop a line if you just need more info, and I'll be
      happy to point you in the right direction....

      Jef
    • Vincent Ferré
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 30, 2004
        Hello,

        good idea !
        and what are the topics of the two papers already planned ?

        Vincent

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 2, 2004
          Vincent,

          The two papers I am currently aware of will tackle:

          1. The Workings of Grace in LOTr

          2. An artist's view of Tolkien's imagery, particularly of
          classical evil versus modern evil.

          Jef