Re: [mythsoc] Graphic novels

  • Carl F. Hostetter
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 22, 2004
      On Nov 22, 2004, at 5:28 PM, Walkermonk@... wrote:

      > Neil Gaiman's "The Sandman" series is outstanding. I don't even really
      > like
      > comics, but I dug these.
      >
      > Grace Monk

      And she thought so even BEFORE she got the Big Pink Bottle O' Death. ;)

      Carl
    • dianejoy@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 23, 2004
        Elfquest, yes---vol. 1-4 (completes a story arc, and the best part of the
        series). J. Michael Straczynski's *Rising Stars* series.

        *Sandman* is great; look it over and use your judgement. I'd be a bit
        cautious if he's under two digits (9 and below). He may get all the mythic
        references [or not], but it'll get him to ask questions.

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 23, 2004
          --

          Yes, I should have mentioned that also. Sandman is for teens, not younger
          children. Sorry I didn't make that clear.

          Grace Monk

        • Mike Foster
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 23, 2004
            Important point: age of the nephew ought to guide advice.

            Mike Foster