re-reading

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 22, 2004
      I love to reread, or I always did. I don't have great powers of retention,
      and each reading experience tends to be a little different. Nowadays I am
      not even keeping up with first reads, but I hope one day to get back to
      rereading.

      I liked David's clarification of the "trash" definition as bad reading that
      wasn't by any means easy going. Not light reading, but tedious work,
      really. Absolutely!

      (And yes, I can play the same CD over and over and over and over and over
      and . . . )

      There are also books that I am leery of rereading, out of fear that I would
      find them tacky or insipid now that I am a cranky grownup.

      best,

      Lizzie

      Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia
      www.lizziewriter.com
    • karlstar2
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 22, 2004
        --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth Apgar Triano"
        <lizziewriter@e...> wrote:
        > I love to reread, or I always did. I don't have great powers of
        retention,
        > and each reading experience tends to be a little different.
        Nowadays I am
        > not even keeping up with first reads, but I hope one day to get back to
        > rereading.

        Whether or not I re-read a book is one of my criteria for judging a
        book's quality. If I need to read it again, it was a great book. I
        agree on the definition of 'trash'. If I had to work hard, or
        couldn't, finish a book, it is trash. A book I enjoyed but was
        'light' is somewhere in between.

        Jim