If you're in St. Louis...

  • Croft, Janet B.
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2004
      From Riverfronttimes.com:

      Eagle and Child: J.R.R. Tolkien & C.S. Lewis In this compelling
      Historyonics production, Jason Cannon chronicles the friendship between
      two prolific writers. Instead of proceeding chronologically, Cannon's
      script moves back and forth in time, allowing the audience to see
      connections between Tolkien's and Lewis' work and their life
      experiences. The acting -- by author Cannon, Christopher Hickey, Terry
      Meddows, Meghan Maguire and Larry Roberson -- is topnotch, as are the
      choice of music and the scenic design and lighting. Some may find the
      philosophical discussions of myth, faith and forgiveness a trifle
      erudite; perhaps we're not accustomed to being intellectually challenged
      and dramatically fulfilled at the same time. Through November 21 in the
      Des Lee Auditorium of the Missouri History Museum, Lindell Boulevard and
      DeBaliviere Avenue. Call 314-361-5858. (DJ)

      Janet Brennan Croft
      Head of Access Services
      University of Oklahoma Libraries
      Bizzell 104NW
      Norman OK 73019
      405-325-1918
      Fax 405-325-7618
      jbcroft@...
      http://libraries.ou.edu/
      "We're becoming nicely overextended. Some people regard that as
      progress."
      Aral Vorkosigan in Shards of Honor by Lois McMaster Bujold.