Re: [mythsoc] Mythlore

  • Mike Foster
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 3, 2004
      Received Poor Souls Day
      [aka Election Day]
      in Metamora, Illinois.

      Mike

    • jack@greenmanreview.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 5, 2004
        J.R.R. Tolkien placed third in the Forbes.com list of `Top-Earning Dead
        Celebrities Of 2004', with posthumous earnings of $23m. Ahead of him are
        Elvis Presley ($40m) and Charles Schulz ($35m); the roster of the stinking
        rich continues with John Lennon ($21m), Dr Seuss ($18m) and that icon of
        many an sf story, Marilyn Monroe ($8m).

        http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/Ansible/a208.html
      • John Davis
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 20, 2011
          Having finally gotten around to joining the Mythopoeic Society as an email-member (I've lurked on this list long enough that I thought it was about time!), I was both pleased and surprised to get a copy of Mythlore through the post. Pleased because, well, anything unexpected through my door regarding the Inklings is always good, and surprised because it is number 15, and apparently from 1977.

          Which, aside from reminding me how nice it is to receive journals and zines by post instead of online, makes me wonder if someone can let me know how I sign up to receive more up-to-date editions?

          Thanks,

          John
        • Croft, Janet B.
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 20, 2011

            We send out an older sample issue with new memberships just to get you hooked like this! (See, it works!) Current subscriptions and additional back issues can be ordered through our website, below.

            Janet Brennan Croft

            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 21, 2011
              Drat, I've been sucked in by your cunning marketing campaign!

              I'll go sign up.

              Thanks,

              John