Re: [mythsoc] Digest Number 1715

  • Ted Sherman
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2004
      I believe Kilby's CS Lewis: Images of His Life has photos of the inside of
      the Kilns. And I seem to remember seeing photos of Tolkien's garage study,
      but I can't remember where.

      Ted Sherman

      PS: Mythlore went out about two weeks ago, so if you haven't received your
      copy yet, please let us know.

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2004
        A photo of Tolkien writing at his desk, probably the only such photo as far
        as I know, is on page 56 of "The Tolkien Family Album" by John and
        Priscilla Tolkien.

        A colored drawing based on this photo, by Bonnie Callahan, was the cover of
        Mythlore 69.

        - David Bratman

        PS: No new issue of Mythlore here yet.
      • alexeik@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2004
          In a message dated 11/3/4 5:42:24 PM, Ted Sherman wrote:

          <<PS: Mythlore went out about two weeks ago, so if you haven't received your
          copy yet, please let us know.

          I got my copy yesterday.
          Alexei
        • dianejoy@earthlink.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 6, 2004
            I got mine. ---djb

            I believe Kilby's CS Lewis: Images of His Life has photos of the inside of
            the Kilns. And I seem to remember seeing photos of Tolkien's garage study,
            but I can't remember where.

            Ted Sherman

            PS: Mythlore went out about two weeks ago, so if you haven't received your
            copy yet, please let us know.

            > From: <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com>
            > Date: 3 Nov 2004 17:03:18 -0000
            > To: <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com>
            > Subject: [mythsoc] Digest Number 1715
            >

            > There is 1 message in this issue.
            >
            > Topics in this digest:
            >
            > 1. pictures of tolkiens of C. S. Lewis' study
            > From: Edith.Crowe@...

            > Message: 1
            > Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 10:27:43 -0800
            > From: Edith.Crowe@...
            > Subject: pictures of tolkiens of C. S. Lewis' study
            >
            > Interesting query...anybody know of places for these specific images?
            >
            > Edith L. Crowe
            > Corresponding Secretary of the Mythopoeic Society
            > http://www.mythsoc.org
            > ----- Forwarded by Edith Crowe/SJSU on 11/01/2004 10:25 AM -----
            >

            > WRAY0323@...
            > 10/30/2004 04:11 PM
            >

            > To: edith.crowe@...
            > cc:
            > Subject: pictures of tolkiens of C. S. Lewis' study
            >

            > Do you know where I can find pictures of Tolkiens or C.S. Lewis'
            > study/office? I'm a huge fan of them and am dsigning my office. I would
            > love for it to
            > resemble their study. I would at least love to have pictures from that
            > era.
            > Please e-mail me back at koobiekoobie@.... Thanks!
            >
            > Sincerely,
            > Kevin Wray