Re: [mythsoc] Digest Number 1715

  • Ted Sherman
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2004
      I believe Kilby's CS Lewis: Images of His Life has photos of the inside of
      the Kilns. And I seem to remember seeing photos of Tolkien's garage study,
      but I can't remember where.

      Ted Sherman

      PS: Mythlore went out about two weeks ago, so if you haven't received your
      copy yet, please let us know.

      > From: <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com>
      > Date: 3 Nov 2004 17:03:18 -0000
      > To: <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com>
      > Subject: [mythsoc] Digest Number 1715
      >

      > There is 1 message in this issue.
      >
      > Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1. pictures of tolkiens of C. S. Lewis' study
      > From: Edith.Crowe@...

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 10:27:43 -0800
      > From: Edith.Crowe@...
      > Subject: pictures of tolkiens of C. S. Lewis' study
      >
      > Interesting query...anybody know of places for these specific images?
      >
      > Edith L. Crowe
      > Corresponding Secretary of the Mythopoeic Society
      > http://www.mythsoc.org
      > ----- Forwarded by Edith Crowe/SJSU on 11/01/2004 10:25 AM -----
      >

      > WRAY0323@...
      > 10/30/2004 04:11 PM
      >

      > To: edith.crowe@...
      > cc:
      > Subject: pictures of tolkiens of C. S. Lewis' study
      >

      > Do you know where I can find pictures of Tolkiens or C.S. Lewis'
      > study/office? I'm a huge fan of them and am dsigning my office. I would
      > love for it to
      > resemble their study. I would at least love to have pictures from that
      > era.
      > Please e-mail me back at koobiekoobie@.... Thanks!
      >
      > Sincerely,
      > Kevin Wray

    • Scott Fontenot
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2004
        I spied a picture of Tolkien's study once....might have been in Humphrey Carpenter's Tolkien: A Biography.
        Try his biographies.

        Scott

        1. pictures of tolkiens of C. S. Lewis' study
        From: Edith.Crowe@...

        Message: 1

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2004
          A photo of Tolkien writing at his desk, probably the only such photo as far
          as I know, is on page 56 of "The Tolkien Family Album" by John and
          Priscilla Tolkien.

          A colored drawing based on this photo, by Bonnie Callahan, was the cover of
          Mythlore 69.

          - David Bratman

          PS: No new issue of Mythlore here yet.
        • alexeik@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2004
            In a message dated 11/3/4 5:42:24 PM, Ted Sherman wrote:

            <<PS: Mythlore went out about two weeks ago, so if you haven't received your
            copy yet, please let us know.

            I got my copy yesterday.
            Alexei
          • dianejoy@earthlink.net
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 6, 2004
              I got mine. ---djb

              I believe Kilby's CS Lewis: Images of His Life has photos of the inside of
              the Kilns. And I seem to remember seeing photos of Tolkien's garage study,
              but I can't remember where.

              Ted Sherman

              PS: Mythlore went out about two weeks ago, so if you haven't received your
              copy yet, please let us know.

              > From: <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com>
              > Date: 3 Nov 2004 17:03:18 -0000
              > To: <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com>
              > Subject: [mythsoc] Digest Number 1715
              >

              > There is 1 message in this issue.
              >
              > Topics in this digest:
              >
              > 1. pictures of tolkiens of C. S. Lewis' study
              > From: Edith.Crowe@...

              > Message: 1
              > Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 10:27:43 -0800
              > From: Edith.Crowe@...
              > Subject: pictures of tolkiens of C. S. Lewis' study
              >
              > Interesting query...anybody know of places for these specific images?
              >
              > Edith L. Crowe
              > Corresponding Secretary of the Mythopoeic Society
              > http://www.mythsoc.org
              > ----- Forwarded by Edith Crowe/SJSU on 11/01/2004 10:25 AM -----
              >

              > WRAY0323@...
              > 10/30/2004 04:11 PM
              >

              > To: edith.crowe@...
              > cc:
              > Subject: pictures of tolkiens of C. S. Lewis' study
              >

              > Do you know where I can find pictures of Tolkiens or C.S. Lewis'
              > study/office? I'm a huge fan of them and am dsigning my office. I would
              > love for it to
              > resemble their study. I would at least love to have pictures from that
              > era.
              > Please e-mail me back at koobiekoobie@.... Thanks!
              >
              > Sincerely,
              > Kevin Wray