RE: [mythsoc] Hominid in Hobbiton

  • Alan Kellogg
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 28, 2004
      >Well I am still sorting messages, but is this for real? Would be good to
      >find a magazine with charts, pictures and citations. Still I don't see the
      >big deal... there has always been a wide variety of humankind, and isolated
      >cultures can be very short or tall. Makes good reading, but I don't get
      >the drama.
      >
      >Lizzie
      >
      >Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      >lizziewriter@...
      >amor vincit omnia
      >www.lizziewriter.com

      All I can advise is a visit to <http://www.nature.com>, where you can
      find a number of stories on the subject. Picking up a copy of the new
      *Nature* when it's released would also be a good idea.
      --
      Alan Kellogg

      http://www.mythusmage.com

      mailto:mythusmage@...
    • dianejoy@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 29, 2004
        Most likely, the Irish Fionn Cycle, dealing with the stories of Fionn mac
        Cumhail? ---djb

        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 29, 2004
          That's what perhaps I thought, but I would like to hear more discussion and
          analysis from those who would know. Even if you look on amazon under
          reviews, there is very little, and it sounds more like criticism of
          original fiction than of retellings. At first I thought it was "that"
          Finn, but there is also use of other popular legendary names, and not,
          perhaps, tied to the characters one would first think of.

          Mr. Hazel is apparently now the HR director, or similar, of a school
          district in my area. I can't find a lot more about him in searches, but I
          am thinking of writing to him. With two shows coming up soon, though,
          everything else is taking a back burner around here.

          Lizzie

          Elizabeth Apgar Triano
          lizziewriter@...
          amor vincit omnia