Middle-earth map

  • Boldingbroke@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 19, 2004
      Hi all,

      I was at MythCon 35 and purchased a map of Middle-Earth in Elvish at
      the auction. The map has a greenish cast to it. It's rather large,
      but frameable. I'm not quite sure what I've got, but want to look up
      some history or background on the map. If you were the person who
      donated the map, or if you were there and recognized it and know
      details, please give me some pointers so I can do a little research.

      TIA,
      Sharon Bolding
    • Edith.Crowe@sjsu.edu
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 19, 2004
        Hmm, sounds like my donation. I don't actually remember much about its
        origins, but I think they were rather uncommon and it was acquired quite
        awhile ago. They do fade easily, so don't put in anywhere sunny. If you
        frame it you might want to use UV-protective glass. I'll see if my partner
        remembers more than I do. Meanwhile, some of you avid collectors out there
        probably know more than I.

        Edith L. Crowe
        Corresponding Secretary of the Mythopoeic Society
        http://www.mythsoc.org

        Boldingbroke@...
        10/19/2004 02:44 PM
        Please respond to mythsoc

        To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
        cc:
        Subject: [mythsoc] Middle-earth map

        Hi all,

        I was at MythCon 35 and purchased a map of Middle-Earth in Elvish at
        the auction. The map has a greenish cast to it...[snip]
        TIA,
        Sharon Bolding

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Yahoo! Groups Links