OT: Attention NY LOTR fans! Gather at 'The Today Show' This Thursday!

  • Deidre
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2004
      (from the LOTRinfo list here at YGs)

      (not sure how many people here would be interested in such a thing, but
      thought that I would post it anyhow *smiles*)

      From: TORN

      October 21, 2004, marks the fiftieth anniversary of the first U.S. publication
      of The Fellowship of the Ring, the first part of J.R.R. Tolkien's epic The Lord
      of the Rings. It has been called the greatest book of the twentieth century, an
      unforgettable adventure story that has captivated nearly 100 million American
      readers since it was first published in 1954, and continues to find new readers
      every day.

      To that end we are trying to organize as many people as we can to dress up in
      full LOTR costumes and head over to 'The Today Show' studios and attend a
      screening of the show! If enough people gather together in costumes, it will
      certainly get the news across that we are celebrating! Think of this as a 'Geek
      Flashmob'!

      <http://www.theonering.net/movie/lineparty/displayList.php?id=1367>