Re: [mythsoc] Kanes

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 17, 2004
      Howard was kind of a strange person. There's a memoir, _One Who Walked
      Alone_, by a woman named Novalyne Price Ellis with whom Howard had what was not
      quite a romance. It was actually made into a movie called _The Whole Wide World_
      with Vincent D'Onofrio as Howard and Renee Zellweger as Novalyne. Howard's
      personality is not easy to explain.

    • Mary Kay
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 17, 2004
        > Message: 4
        > Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 15:27:30 -0400
        > From: "Elizabeth Apgar Triano" <lizziewriter@...>
        > Subject: Kanes
        >

        > So, who has read Wagner's Kane series and Howard's Kane books? I haven't
        > read either, and I have heard of both, but I can't keep them straight. The
        > former are not easy to find, and there are just so many other things that I
        > want to read first but if anyone wants to pontificate let's hear it.

        Well, not pontificating exactly. I've read all of Wagner's Kane:
        they're about the Biblical Cain as he lives down through time. I don't
        think I've read the Solomon Kanes though. The Wagner Kane has been out
        of print for many years, but Nightshade is reissuing a collection of the
        short stories.
        http://www.powells.com/cgi-bin/biblio?inkey=2-1892389517-0
        MKK