RE: [mythsoc] Four Christian Fantasists

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 16, 2004
      lol And stay up to date with one's spyware blockers.

      I think it's abebooks dot com. There is also alibris, and now I've learned
      of bookfinder. What else is out there? I like amazon for its Wish List,
      Recommendations and Reviews functions, and all the other fun little
      doo-dads.

      Lizzie

      Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia

    • Kevin Bowring
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 17, 2004
        Lizzie,
        Of course the best thing to do is to bookmark them. For the Advanced Book
        Exchange the best entry point, to my mind, is:

        http://dogbert.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchEntry

        One of the features of this website that I like is that you can set up a
        want list. This means that they will send you an email when a bookseller
        lists a book that you are looking for. I have to admit that this has
        become a little less useful than it was a few years ago because so many web
        booksellers are now charging really outrageous prices for books you may
        well find at your local used bookstore for a reasonable price. Also, there
        are book dealers who do not have their stock listed online. For instance,
        I have often called Loome Theological Booksellers (loomebooks.com)and found
        books I am looking for at a much less expensive price than anything listed
        on either ABE or Bookfinder.

        Kevin

        >lol And stay up to date with one's spyware blockers.
        >
        >I think it's abebooks dot com. There is also alibris, and now I've
        learned
        >of bookfinder. What else is out there? I like amazon for its Wish List,
        >Recommendations and Reviews functions, and all the other fun little
        >doo-dads.
        >
        >Lizzie
        >
        >Elizabeth Apgar Triano
        >lizziewriter@...
        >amor vincit omnia
        >*** Do visit www.groups.yahoo.com/group/DollsandArts ***

      • Croft, Janet B.
        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 18, 2004
          I recently purchased a book directly from Walking Tree -- they had me
          send an amazon.com gift certificate to them by email for payment, which
          made it very easy. You might just try going direct to Walking Tree.

          Janet Brennan Croft
        • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 18, 2004
            Thanks, Janet.

            I heard of that method recently, yes, after I emailed the Tolkien Society.
            I think I will give the Society a couple more days and then I will try the
            gift cert. method at Walking Tree. Thanks for the good word on the method
            working.

            Lizzie

            Elizabeth Apgar Triano
            lizziewriter@...
            amor vincit omnia

            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 18, 2004
              Lizzie, if you want to do it this way, I could order the book (and any other
              on the Tolkien Society's order form) for you. I have a British bank account,
              so I could convert the amount I pay in pounds to dollars for you to pay. Let
              me know what you want to do.

            • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
              Message 6 of 17 , Oct 18, 2004
                Thanks, Wendell. I'll be in touch.