Re: [mythsoc] A Senior Moment?

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 29, 2004
      Mari -

      My offhand recollection is that Lewis only vaguely alludes to Tolkien's
      role in his conversion in _Surprised by Joy_, saying that Tolkien and Dyson
      were among the Christians whom he befriended at Oxford in the 1920s. His
      detailed account of the conversation on Christianity and myth comes in a
      couple of letters he wrote soon afterwards to Arthur Greeves.

      David Bratman
    • Mari Dole
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 29, 2004
        Thank you, David. The only thing is, I never read those letters, so now
        I'm wondering where I heard about the conversation. Oh well. Thanks
        again.

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 30, 2004
          Mari, Lewis's letters on his conversion are quoted in many and many a book
          about him.

          David Bratman