Re: [mythsoc] News from Ansible

  • Paul Labaki
    Message 1 of 24 , Sep 29, 2004
      --- Lisa Deutsch Harrigan <lisa@...> wrote:

      > Hi Paul -
      >
      > My husband of 26 years and I met at a Westercon.
      > Suggest you try the
      > local cons. Organize a Tolkien Panel and you'll
      > connect to more Tolkien
      > Fans.
      >
      > Mythically yours,
      > Lisa

      Thanks for the advice, Lisa. Hope to meet you in
      person at a con one day.

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • ChessQu654@aol.com
      Message 2 of 24 , Oct 1, 2004
        In a message dated 9/26/04 9:32:29 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
        pflabaki2@... writes:

        > Oh well, Seattle in 2006 is only two years
        > and 2700 miles away.

        Paul,

        Where are you?

        Christine --- New Jersey
        " The impossible just takes a little longer."
        ~ Author Unknown ~

      • Paul Labaki
        Message 3 of 24 , Nov 16, 2004
          Sorry for the delay, Christine. Personal issues have kept me from my email for more than a month. I am in Buffalo, NY.

          ChessQu654@... wrote:In a message dated 9/26/04 9:32:29 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
          pflabaki2@... writes:

          > Oh well, Seattle in 2006 is only two years
          > and 2700 miles away.

          Paul,

          Where are you?

          Christine --- New Jersey
          " The impossible just takes a little longer."
          ~ Author Unknown ~

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Message 4 of 24 , Dec 1, 2004
            In a message dated 11/16/04 12:23:26 PM Pacific Standard Time,
            pflabaki2@... writes:

            > Sorry for the delay, Christine. Personal issues have kept me from my email
            > for more than a month. I am in Buffalo, NY.

            Paul,

            No worries about the delay. Sorry to hear you are having personal issues.
            Guess it happens to all of us at some time - makes us appreciate the quiet times.

            Buffalo sounds like an awfully cold place to be through winter. It gets
            pretty cold here in New Jersey. My parents and brother are moving to North
            Carolina in June, but I think having the change of seasons is great!

            Do you belong to a smial? All this organized Tolkien stidy is new to me. I
            just love his work, and that of C.S. Lewis. Currently, I am jobhunting. When I
            am more financially stable, I hope to become more active. Right now, all I am
            doing is job hunting, interviewing, working part-time, filling out graduate
            school aplications, and studying for GREs and the vet tech exam. I work as a vet
            tech, and can get better paid with certification. Not to mention, if I move
            out of NJ, most other states require it.

            What type of work do you do? It seems many people on this list work in fields
            involving literature and writing. Am I inaccurate?

            Best regards,
            Christine (VanSaders) who rarely posts but enjoys reading everything