Re: [mythsoc] Chicago land groups???

  • Mike Foster
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 27, 2004
      I'd heard that one was starting up at Wheaton. If it has, the Wade
      Collection at Wheaton College might know of it. Check Mythprint to see
      if any current groups meeting in Chicago. The Burrahobbits in Milwaukee
      are one of the older groups, active for 20 years or so.

      Mike Foster

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 27, 2004
        Or, you could check the online page at
        <http://www.mythsoc.org/actcal.html>. It shows no groups in Chicago (there
        used to be one), but if you wanted to seek out members and the area and try
        to re-start one, the Discussion Groups Secretary listed there could help.

        At 03:26 PM 9/27/2004 -0500, you wrote:
        >I'd heard that one was starting up at Wheaton. If it has, the Wade
        >Collection at Wheaton College might know of it. Check Mythprint to see
        >if any current groups meeting in Chicago. The Burrahobbits in Milwaukee
        >are one of the older groups, active for 20 years or so.
        >
        >Mike Foster
        >
        >nogoodpeacenik wrote:
        >
        >>Hi :) I was wondering if there are any mythsoc groups that meet in
        >>Chicago?
      • Matthew Winslow
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 27, 2004
          David Bratman said:
          > Or, you could check the online page at
          > <http://www.mythsoc.org/actcal.html>. It shows no groups in Chicago
          > (there
          > used to be one), but if you wanted to seek out members and the area and
          > try
          > to re-start one, the Discussion Groups Secretary listed there could help.

          Which would be me. If you're interested in starting a group in Chicago (or
          anyone, anywhere else), please do drop me a line.

          ---Matthew Winslow---
          mwinslow@... | Stories are not just kids' stuff, pretty
          x-real.firinn.org | embroidery around the edges of serious abstract
          LJ:bluewoad | thought. Stories are dynamic and explosive. They
          | do things; they change things; they make things.
          | --N.T. Wright
          Currently Reading: Short Stories of Edgar Allan Poe