Chicago land groups???

  • nogoodpeacenik
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 27, 2004
      Hi :) I was wondering if there are any mythsoc groups that meet in
      Chicago?
    • Mike Foster
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 27, 2004
        I'd heard that one was starting up at Wheaton. If it has, the Wade
        Collection at Wheaton College might know of it. Check Mythprint to see
        if any current groups meeting in Chicago. The Burrahobbits in Milwaukee
        are one of the older groups, active for 20 years or so.

        Mike Foster

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 27, 2004
          Or, you could check the online page at
          <http://www.mythsoc.org/actcal.html>. It shows no groups in Chicago (there
          used to be one), but if you wanted to seek out members and the area and try
          to re-start one, the Discussion Groups Secretary listed there could help.

          At 03:26 PM 9/27/2004 -0500, you wrote:
          >I'd heard that one was starting up at Wheaton. If it has, the Wade
          >Collection at Wheaton College might know of it. Check Mythprint to see
          >if any current groups meeting in Chicago. The Burrahobbits in Milwaukee
          >are one of the older groups, active for 20 years or so.
          >
          >Mike Foster
          >
          >nogoodpeacenik wrote:
          >
          >>Hi :) I was wondering if there are any mythsoc groups that meet in
          >>Chicago?
        • Matthew Winslow
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 27, 2004
            David Bratman said:
            > Or, you could check the online page at
            > <http://www.mythsoc.org/actcal.html>. It shows no groups in Chicago
            > (there
            > used to be one), but if you wanted to seek out members and the area and
            > try
            > to re-start one, the Discussion Groups Secretary listed there could help.

            Which would be me. If you're interested in starting a group in Chicago (or
            anyone, anywhere else), please do drop me a line.

            ---Matthew Winslow---
            mwinslow@... | Stories are not just kids' stuff, pretty
            x-real.firinn.org | embroidery around the edges of serious abstract
            LJ:bluewoad | thought. Stories are dynamic and explosive. They
            | do things; they change things; they make things.
            | --N.T. Wright
            Currently Reading: Short Stories of Edgar Allan Poe