RE: [mythsoc] News from Ansible

    Message 1 of 24 , Sep 26, 2004
      Actually there have been a number of marriages in the Mythopoeic Society,
      particularly in the early years, though not all of them lasted.

      On the other hand, I belonged to the MythSoc as a single man for 12 years
      and never got so much as one date out of it. Not that I was trying too
      hard: I was making many friends, single and married, of both sexes, and
      didn't want to risk spoiling that love by trying to interject a different
      one. I met my wife-to-be not here at all, but while Regency dancing
      (something else I'd done for ten years before it led to any dates).
      However a reader she certainly was, and taking her to MythSoc events
      considerably advanced our relationship.

      David Bratman
    • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
      Message 2 of 24 , Sep 27, 2004
        Hi Paul -

        My husband of 26 years and I met at a Westercon. Suggest you try the
        local cons. Organize a Tolkien Panel and you'll connect to more Tolkien
        Fans.

        Mythically yours,
        Lisa
      • Paul Labaki
        Message 3 of 24 , Sep 29, 2004
          --- Lisa Deutsch Harrigan <lisa@...> wrote:

          > Hi Paul -
          >
          > My husband of 26 years and I met at a Westercon.
          > Suggest you try the
          > local cons. Organize a Tolkien Panel and you'll
          > connect to more Tolkien
          > Fans.
          >
          > Mythically yours,
          > Lisa

          Thanks for the advice, Lisa. Hope to meet you in
          person at a con one day.

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
        • ChessQu654@aol.com
          Message 4 of 24 , Oct 1, 2004
            In a message dated 9/26/04 9:32:29 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
            pflabaki2@... writes:

            > Oh well, Seattle in 2006 is only two years
            > and 2700 miles away.

            Paul,

            Where are you?

            Christine --- New Jersey
            " The impossible just takes a little longer."
            ~ Author Unknown ~

          • Paul Labaki
            Message 5 of 24 , Nov 16 12:05 PM
              Sorry for the delay, Christine. Personal issues have kept me from my email for more than a month. I am in Buffalo, NY.

              ChessQu654@... wrote:In a message dated 9/26/04 9:32:29 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
              pflabaki2@... writes:

              > Oh well, Seattle in 2006 is only two years
              > and 2700 miles away.

              Paul,

              Where are you?

              Christine --- New Jersey
              " The impossible just takes a little longer."
              ~ Author Unknown ~

              Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              Message 6 of 24 , Dec 1, 2004
                In a message dated 11/16/04 12:23:26 PM Pacific Standard Time,
                pflabaki2@... writes:

                > Sorry for the delay, Christine. Personal issues have kept me from my email
                > for more than a month. I am in Buffalo, NY.

                Paul,

                No worries about the delay. Sorry to hear you are having personal issues.
                Guess it happens to all of us at some time - makes us appreciate the quiet times.

                Buffalo sounds like an awfully cold place to be through winter. It gets
                pretty cold here in New Jersey. My parents and brother are moving to North
                Carolina in June, but I think having the change of seasons is great!

                Do you belong to a smial? All this organized Tolkien stidy is new to me. I
                just love his work, and that of C.S. Lewis. Currently, I am jobhunting. When I
                am more financially stable, I hope to become more active. Right now, all I am
                doing is job hunting, interviewing, working part-time, filling out graduate
                school aplications, and studying for GREs and the vet tech exam. I work as a vet
                tech, and can get better paid with certification. Not to mention, if I move
                out of NJ, most other states require it.

                What type of work do you do? It seems many people on this list work in fields
                involving literature and writing. Am I inaccurate?

                Best regards,
                Christine (VanSaders) who rarely posts but enjoys reading everything