c.s. lewis memorabilia

  • Edith.Crowe@sjsu.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2004
      Do any Lewis collectors/archivists have any recommendations about this
      item below? Looks like they are interested in an appraisal at least, if
      not authentication.

      Edith L. Crowe
      Corresponding Secretary of the Mythopoeic Society
      http://www.mythsoc.org
      ----- Forwarded by Edith Crowe/SJSU on 09/20/2004 04:23 PM -----

      Kathryn Barkman <barkka@...>
      09/20/2004 02:38 PM

      To: edith.crowe@...
      cc:
      Subject: c.s. lewis memorabilia

      Hello,

      I represent a group of people who host a bookfair annually to raise
      money for needy
      students at our university. We receive donations from personal
      collections. Recently we found a typed, signed letter from C.S. Lewis
      to reader who was inquring about one of his books. It includes (was
      found in) a handwritten envelope and is dated December 31st 1945.
      Do you know where we can get this note evaluated?
      I have enquired to one place I found online in England and will probably
      hear from them shortly. I would appreciate any information or advice. We
      would like to sell it.

      Thanks very much.

      Kathryn Barkman

      Concordia University Library