RE: [mythsoc] Shoddy Lands (was: C.S. Lewis and God)

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 13, 2004
      Well, it's not the most charismatic take on the subject, but I think it
      gives a telling insight into the real personality of this writer so many of
      us worship so. He's not Professor Tolkien, not by a long shot. Leaf by
      Niggle (Tolkien's tale) is, I think, a much more compassionate take on
      human frailties.

      Also I must confess that I can relate way too well to the one I think he
      called Rainbo or some such awful thing.

      Lizzie the Flirt, who doesn't think that it would have been much fun to
      flirt with Prof. Lewis.

      Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia

    • Margaret Dean
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 16, 2004
        "dianejoy@..." wrote:

        > It's interesting too that the last line says something like "What if
        > someone were to look into my mind?" [not an exact quote.]

        "If I were not the explorer but the explored?" (still
        paraphrasing, but I think that's closer)

        > But the most
        > disturbing part for me was the knocking on the outside, and the voice
        > saying "Child, let me in before the night comes." That image stuck with me
        > far longer than any of the others. ---djb

        Yes! That's the passage that, every time, literally makes my
        scalp prickle.

        --Margaret Dean
        <margdean@...>