Re: [mythsoc] C S Lewis and God

  • ChessQu654@aol.com
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 14, 2004
      Scott,

      I've been lurking here for some time. C.S. Lewis caught my eye, adn had to
      answer........My favorite outside of The Chronicles...has to be The Screwtape
      Letters. It's one of his shorter works, and is written as a series of letters
      making it a good book if you can't read it all in one sitting.

      Best regards,
      Christine
      " The impossible just takes a little longer."
      ~ Author Unknown ~

    • ChessQu654@aol.com
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 14, 2004
        Scoot,

        Nearly forgot.....I read C.S. Lewis's Letters to Children.

        He answered letters from children personally and I thoroughly enjoyed his
        answers.

        Christine

        " The impossible just takes a little longer."
        ~ Author Unknown ~

      • Berni Phillips
        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 14, 2004
          From: "Stolzi" <Stolzi@...>

          > One text on early Christian sources which I read a long time ago kept
          > referring to a certain predecessor of Christ in very cavalier fashion as
          > "JBap."

          No -- that makes me think of JLo, and I don't want to think of her. Of
          course, the BVM has always been the BVM because "the Blessed Virgin Mary" is
          just too many syllables.

          Berni, whose full name has too many letters
        • Berni Phillips
          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 14, 2004
            From: "Stolzi" <Stolzi@...>