Re: [mythsoc] Susan Cooper

  • ERATRIANO@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 11, 2000
      In a message dated 03/11/2000 5:16:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      tedsherman@... writes:

      << Her dualistic thinking is what perturbs me about the entire series;
      nevertheless, I think they are a wonderful working of Arthurian and
      Celtic themes and images, and the novels communicate some wonderful
      ideas to young readers (which I won't go into because I don't have the
      time). >>

      You've summed it up perfectly for me. Thanks. I guess I needed to figure
      out what bothered me, and then have someone else say it bothered them a
      little too, and go on, as you did, to still rate the series highly. That's
      how I feel, I guess.

      Come to think of it, guess that's true of many books. "Oh, I really liked
      it, except for ____."

      Why am I so obtuse? LOL

      Lizzie