Yahoo groups survey

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 6, 2004
      Yahoo groups is considering charging fees for groups. To enter your
      opinion, go to:

      http://sweepstakes.yahoo.com/groupspremiumsurvey2

      Joan Marie Verba
      verba001@...
    • Berni Phillips
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 6, 2004
        From: "Joan Marie Verba" <verba001@...>

        > Yahoo groups is considering charging fees for groups. To enter your
        > opinion, go to:
        >
        > http://sweepstakes.yahoo.com/groupspremiumsurvey2

        Yick. I went and filled it out. If there were a fee, I would just drop off
        the list. There are certain things I would do without rather than pay for.
        This and cable TV fit into that category.

        Berni
      • Joan Marie Verba
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 6, 2004
          Berni Phillips wrote:

          > If there were a fee, I would just drop off
          > the list. There are certain things I would do without rather than pay for.
          > This and cable TV fit into that category.

          I think the fee would be paid by the list owner rather than the list
          members, but yes, if there were a fee, I'm not sure I could afford to
          keep the six lists I'm currently moderating. I might be able to keep a
          couple, but probably not all six.

          It seems they might consider a 2-tier system, with "basic" lists still
          free, but "premium" lists paid.

          We'll see.

          Joan
          Joan Marie Verba