Dragon*Con

  • Anne Petty
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 29, 2004
      Is anyone on this list heading to Atlanta on Labor Day weekend for
      Dragon*Con? I'll be there for the four days of the convention and
      would love to meet anyone from this list who plans to go.

      Anne Petty
      acp@...
    • Michael Martinez
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 30, 2004
        --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Anne Petty" <acp@a...> wrote:
        > Is anyone on this list heading to Atlanta on Labor Day weekend for
        > Dragon*Con? I'll be there for the four days of the convention and
        > would love to meet anyone from this list who plans to go.
        >
        > Anne Petty
        > acp@a...

        I'll be a guest at Dragoncon and I believe I have been scheduled for
        a couple of sessions with the Tolkien and Middle-earth track.

        I would be interested in meeting other members of this list at the
        convention, too.
      • Anne Petty
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 30, 2004
          Michael,

          I'll be giving two talks for the Tolkien Track and will be on two of
          the writer's panels - hope to meet you.

          Anne

          acp@...

          --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Martinez" <Michaelm@x> wrote:
          > --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Anne Petty" <acp@a...> wrote:
          > > Is anyone on this list heading to Atlanta on Labor Day weekend for
          > > Dragon*Con? I'll be there for the four days of the convention and
          > > would love to meet anyone from this list who plans to go.
          > >
          > > Anne Petty
          > > acp@a...
          >
          > I'll be a guest at Dragoncon and I believe I have been scheduled for
          > a couple of sessions with the Tolkien and Middle-earth track.
          >
          > I would be interested in meeting other members of this list at the
          > convention, too.
        • Carnimiriel Isilraen
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 31, 2004
            Anne and Michael,

            I will be at DragonCon - I have a friend in Atlanta and have gone there
            for a few years.

            Hi Michael - you may remember me and Stephan for when we worked the
            track a few years ago (I can't remember if it was two or three?).

            Anne - I am glad to see there are some scholarly things going on in the
            Tolkien track and am looking forward to attending your talks - last year
            it was so much movie hype I don't think I even attended much. My
            husband and I gave a presentation as part of the track a couple years
            back or so when we were still hoping to do a Beren and Luthien ballet.

            I understand that Peter S. Beagle will not be able to attend, which is
            the other thing I was looking forward to in the Tolkien track! It was
            great when Tom Shippey came a few years ago - I really enjoyed his talks.

            For more info the Tolkien track schedule is here:

            > http://www.theonering.net/events/dragoncon/dragoncon2004.html

            I might also introduce myself as another new member of this list - I
            have been a society member for a few years and on the MFA award
            committee and really enjoyed my first Mythcon in July!

            Ellen Denham

            Anne Petty wrote:

            >Michael,
            >
            >I'll be giving two talks for the Tolkien Track and will be on two of
            >the writer's panels - hope to meet you.
            >
            >Anne
            >
            >acp@...
            >
            >--- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Martinez" <Michaelm@x> wrote:
            >

            >>--- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Anne Petty" <acp@a...> wrote:
            >>

            >>>Is anyone on this list heading to Atlanta on Labor Day weekend for
            >>>Dragon*Con? I'll be there for the four days of the convention and
            >>>would love to meet anyone from this list who plans to go.
            >>>
            >>>Anne Petty
            >>>acp@a...
            >>>

            >>I'll be a guest at Dragoncon and I believe I have been scheduled for
            >>a couple of sessions with the Tolkien and Middle-earth track.
            >>
            >>I would be interested in meeting other members of this list at the
            >>convention, too.

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Anne Petty
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 31, 2004
              Ellen,

              Be sure to say stop and say hi. My talks are on Tolkien's Dragons,
              and Echoes of the Kalevala in Middle-earth (not one mention of the
              movies anywhere). I'll also be signing books on Saturday. Too bad
              about Peter Beagle opting out - I guess the rest of us will just have
              to pick up the slack, eh?

              Really looking forward to this year's DragonCon. My only worry is that
              darned hurricane that could play a factor in my flights to and/or from
              Florida. Hope my house will still be in place when I get home!

              Happy dragon hunting,
              Anne

              acp@...

              --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, Carnimiriel Isilraen