Re: [mythsoc] Digest Number 237

  • Joe Christopher
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2000
      I recently received my copy of
      C. S. Lewis
      _Essay Collection and Other Short Pieces_
      ed. Lesley Walmsley
      London: HarperCollinsPublishers, 2000

      This is the first big collection we've had in some time; it is reprinting
      familiar material, arranged in eleven sections (chosen by the editor);
      within each section the material is arranged chronologically.

      It's mainly the religious essays, but it has two sections of Lewis's more
      popular literary essays, including those (some originally reviews) on _The
      Hobbit_ (No. 68), _The Lord of the Rings_ (No. 73), Narnia (Nos. 74-75), and
      Charles Williams (No. 83). The final section is Lewis's short fiction (Nos.
      130-135).

      Walmsley seems to follow Walter Hooper's texts--I checked "Christian
      Reunion" (No. 53), and the paragraphing and the opening of each paragraph
      are the same. (Yes, I expected the material would be the same; I was just
      checking.)

      --Joe