Narnia movie

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 7 10:12 AM
      According to Douglas Gresham, work on the Narnia movie is coming along
      well. He referred to a website with ongoing information:

      http://www.narniaweb.com/news.asp

      Apparently, the release date will be Dec. 2005.

      Joan Marie Verba
      verba001@...
    • Patrick H. Wynne
      Message 2 of 6 , May 3, 2005
        Something to put on your to-do list for this weekend, according to
        USA Today:

        "When the first trailer for The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the
        Witch and the Wardrobe makes its U.S. premiere Saturday night
        during ABC's showing of Harry Potter and the Chamber of
        Secrets— airing at the same time in 30-plus countries —
        viewers are apt to gaze in wonder. And be taken aback."

        http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2005-05-02-narnia_x.htm

        The article also includes the de rigueur Stupid Misstatement About
        Allegory in Narnia (which I believe was Federally mandated by Congress
        as a rider to the bill requiring that Snoop Dogg appear in 65% of all
        movies and videogames):

        "The tales also are infused with Christian allegory, and the heroic
        Aslan is meant as a Christ figure, a redeemer who resurrects in
        triumph."

        No, USA Today, Aslan in Narnia IS Christ, as He manifests Himself in
        an another world.
        Grrr.

        — Pat
      • Stolzi
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 7, 2005
          Many things change by the time a film is released, but I note with some
          alarm that at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363771/fullcredits, one of the
          listed cast members is "Adult Susan." (as are also listed "Adult Peter,"
          "Adult Lucy," and "Adult Edmund.")

          In an amazing bit of "Inklings magic", the part of "Centaur #3" is played by
          ... Charles Williams! :)

          Diamond Proudbrook
        • Margaret Dean
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 7, 2005
            Stolzi wrote:

            > Many things change by the time a film is released, but I note with some
            > alarm that at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363771/fullcredits, one of the
            > listed cast members is "Adult Susan." (as are also listed "Adult Peter,"
            > "Adult Lucy," and "Adult Edmund.")

            Wouldn't they need those parts for the end of the book/movie,
            when the four of them have been ruling in Narnia long enough to
            grow into adults? Presumably they'd be shown hunting the white
            deer, etc. ... and then when they pass back into our world,
            they're children again.

            > In an amazing bit of "Inklings magic", the part of "Centaur #3" is played by
            > ... Charles Williams! :)

            :)

            --Margaret Dean
            <margdean@...>
          • Stolzi
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 7, 2005
              From: "Margaret Dean" <margdean@...>

              > Wouldn't they need those parts for the end of the book/movie,
              > when the four of them have been ruling in Narnia long enough to
              > grow into adults? Presumably they'd be shown hunting the white
              > deer, etc. ... and then when they pass back into our world,
              > they're children again.

              Oh gosh, Margaret you're right. I'd been envisaging a "framing scene" in
              England, with the adults discussing their childhood and maybe even Susan
              showing first seeds of disbelief. Susan's been on my mind since Grace Monk
              gave a paper about her at Past Watchful Dragons.

              I guess I would have called those actors "King Peter" rather than "Adult
              Peter," etc. if I'd been writing the cast list.

              Diamond Proudbrook
            • Margaret Dean
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 7, 2005
                Stolzi wrote:

> [...]

                Good point, and it very well may be as you say (No, I don't trust
                moviemakers an inch, why do you ask? :)). But it wouldn't =have=
                to be.

                --Margaret Dean
                <margdean@...>