Ann Arbor

  • pegasus48124
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 5, 2004
      This is a Newbie post. I found out about Mythcon and the Society on
      Ted Nasmith's website. When he said he was going, I knew I would be
      there. Sure glad I went. In addition to meeting Ted and seeing his
      display (am I the only one who fell in love with "The Falls of
      Sirion?"), getting to meet Neil Gaiman and hear him read and speak
      was an added bonus. Then came the fabulous papers. Any amount of
      them. I thought I would visit for one day, and ended up making the
      drive from Windsor, Canada on all four days. Couldn't stay for the
      evenings--we have a kitty who just had some surgery, and we were a
      bit concerned (Ferdinand is doing fine, thanks). My only
      disappointment was in not being able to physically be everywhere I
      wanted to be--too many great talks at the same time. This brings up
      a question--next year in Birmingham (Deb and I are planning to go),
      will Mythcon be bringing as many papers? If so, how will I get to
      any of the other talks?(Mythcon anxiety is setting in already). As
      the only group that will have non-Tolkien content, I know I will be
      interested in many Mythcon topics.
      Mike (and Deb) Ethier
    • dianejoy@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 6, 2004
[...]

        Yay! Glad you had a good time! I'm thinking (since I bought a number of
        papers this year) that I'd love to buy a Proceedings volume, or something
        similar since I may not be able to afford a trip to Birmingham. Or perhaps
        we can order copies from a central source? ---djb

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        http://mail2web.com/ .
      • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 6, 2004
          Do the same as the rest of us, get the time turner from Professor
          McGonagall...

          Oh, you don't have access

          *sigh* Neither do I.

          Well, do the best you can and get the papers that the presenters have
          printed up for those you were forced to miss.

          Cloning is another option, but that is SF not Fantasy. :-)

          Mythically yours,
          Lisa

          PS Ted works have always wowed all of us. We are so lucky he loves
          showing at our convention!