Re: [mythsoc] Mythcon

  • dianejoy@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 5, 2004
      Original Message:
      -----------------
      From: Matthew Winslow mwinslow-sf@...
      Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 10:04:20 -0500
      To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Mythcon

      David Lenander [d-lena@...] wrote:
      > Incidentally, Claire posted her Mythcon report to her blog-- Here it
      > is--I guess I've never really looked at it before...
      > http://www.livejournal.com/users/green_griffin1/

      >>I especially liked this line: 'we took a 4 hour fairy ride across Lake
      >>Michigan so we didn't have to go around'.

      >>>A most appropriate mode of transportation for getting to/from a Mythcon,
      >>>I'd say.

      I liked that line myself. Neat to see Mythcon from a youngling's POV.---djb

      "When I get a little money, I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and
      clothes."
      --Desiderius Erasmus
      Currently reading: Deadhouse Gates by Steven Erikson

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      http://mail2web.com/ .
    • Carol Mitchell
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 26, 2004
        Could someone please tell me when and where Mythcon 2005 will be?
        Thanks
        Carol

        Carol Mitchell listowner costumemidwest@yahoogroups.com
        Come to the Chicagoland Costumer's Guild Halloween costume party/Anniversary celebration in Mount Prospect, IL 11/2/03 www.chicostume.org
        We are running the masquerade(costume contest) at Windycon November 7-9 in Schaumburg. There will be two costume parties, one with an alien theme, one with a prize for silliest hat. www.windycon.org

      • mkkare
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 26, 2004
          --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, Carol Mitchell <listcost25@y...> wrote:
          > Could someone please tell me when and where Mythcon 2005 will be?
          > Thanks
          > Carol

          Next year we will be holding Mythcon in conjunction with the UK
          Tolkien Society's Tolkien 2005 celebration. More information is
          available here

          http://www.tolkiensociety.org/2005/about.html

          We're going to be in Seattle in 2006 and Janet wants to do one in
          Oklahoma for 2007.

          MKK
        • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 27, 2004
            Hi Carol -

            As Mary Kay has already told you, we're going to be in Birmingham
            England next year. There will be several of us doing the
            WorldCon/TolkienCon (read MythCon) trip, including the Harrigans. Trying
            to explain to friends why we can't join their organized tour because we
            are doing TWO cons in August is fun <g>.

            Watch this list for further information as people get their plans firmed up.

            Mythically yours,
            Lisa

            Carol Mitchell wrote:

            >Could someone please tell me when and where Mythcon 2005 will be?

          • Stolzi
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 2, 2006
              Pleez, oh pleeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz, Janet, tell us there's going to be a
              Masquerade!

              Grace wouldn't let me do it last year....

              Diamond Proudbrook
            • Croft, Janet B.
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 2, 2006
                I've got it on the schedule -- who wants to be in charge? Don't all
                stampede at once...

                Janet

                Pleez, oh pleeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz, Janet, tell us there's going to be a
                Masquerade!

                Grace wouldn't let me do it last year....

                Diamond Proudbrook

                You can search right from your browser? It's easy and it's free. See
                how.
                http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/DtIolB/TM

                Links