Re: [mythsoc] Winners?

  • dianejoy@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 5, 2004
      I, perhaps, miscommunicated. I recognized the setting and actually voted
      for *Paladin* as my #1 choice; I was speculating on the process of voting
      and the thought process (from other committee members) that placed
      *Sunshine* as the winning book. I rather figured it would win, and I'm
      fine with that.

      Rosemary Kirstein has another coming out in September, *The Language of
      Power*. (I KNOW it is SF, but CSL wrote SF, so I don't see why that
      disqualifies any MFA candidate.) Actually, Le Guin is also SF, to some
      degree. RK's books also have beautiful Cliff Neilson covers. They're what
      made me look at the books. Rich and lovely. ---djb

      From: <dianejoy@...>

      > *Paladin* was kind of close to the last award Bujold got from us.

      Since PALADIN OF SOULS is not only set in the same universe as the
      MFA-winning THE CURSE OF CHALION but also features one of Curse's characters
      as its protagonist, that's not a surprise.

      Berni

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      http://mail2web.com/ .