Re: [mythsoc] Mythcon

  • Matthew Winslow
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 5 8:04 AM
      David Lenander [d-lena@...] wrote:
      > Incidentally, Claire posted her Mythcon report to her blog-- Here it
      > is--I guess I've never really looked at it before...
      > http://www.livejournal.com/users/green_griffin1/

      I especially liked this line: 'we took a 4 hour fairy ride across Lake
      Michigan so we didn't have to go around'.

      A most appropriate mode of transportation for getting to/from a Mythcon, I'd
      say.

      "When I get a little money, I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and
      clothes."
      --Desiderius Erasmus
      Currently reading: Deadhouse Gates by Steven Erikson
    • dianejoy@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 5 9:01 AM
        > Incidentally, Claire posted her Mythcon report to her blog-- Here it
        > is--I guess I've never really looked at it before...
        > http://www.livejournal.com/users/green_griffin1/

        >>I especially liked this line: 'we took a 4 hour fairy ride across Lake
        >>Michigan so we didn't have to go around'.

        >>>A most appropriate mode of transportation for getting to/from a Mythcon,
        >>>I'd say.

        I liked that line myself. Neat to see Mythcon from a youngling's POV.---djb

        "When I get a little money, I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and
        clothes."
        --Desiderius Erasmus
        Currently reading: Deadhouse Gates by Steven Erikson

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        http://mail2web.com/ .
      • Carol Mitchell
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 26, 2004
          Could someone please tell me when and where Mythcon 2005 will be?
          Thanks
          Carol

          Carol Mitchell listowner costumemidwest@yahoogroups.com
          Come to the Chicagoland Costumer's Guild Halloween costume party/Anniversary celebration in Mount Prospect, IL 11/2/03 www.chicostume.org
          We are running the masquerade(costume contest) at Windycon November 7-9 in Schaumburg. There will be two costume parties, one with an alien theme, one with a prize for silliest hat. www.windycon.org

        • mkkare
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 26, 2004
            --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, Carol Mitchell <listcost25@y...> wrote:
            > Could someone please tell me when and where Mythcon 2005 will be?
            > Thanks
            > Carol

            Next year we will be holding Mythcon in conjunction with the UK
            Tolkien Society's Tolkien 2005 celebration. More information is
            available here

            http://www.tolkiensociety.org/2005/about.html

            We're going to be in Seattle in 2006 and Janet wants to do one in
            Oklahoma for 2007.

            MKK
          • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 27, 2004
              Hi Carol -

              As Mary Kay has already told you, we're going to be in Birmingham
              England next year. There will be several of us doing the
              WorldCon/TolkienCon (read MythCon) trip, including the Harrigans. Trying
              to explain to friends why we can't join their organized tour because we
              are doing TWO cons in August is fun <g>.

              Watch this list for further information as people get their plans firmed up.

              Mythically yours,
              Lisa

              Carol Mitchell wrote:

              >Could someone please tell me when and where Mythcon 2005 will be?

            • Stolzi
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 2, 2006
                Pleez, oh pleeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz, Janet, tell us there's going to be a
                Masquerade!

                Grace wouldn't let me do it last year....

                Diamond Proudbrook
              • Croft, Janet B.
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 2, 2006
                  I've got it on the schedule -- who wants to be in charge? Don't all
                  stampede at once...

                  Janet

                  Pleez, oh pleeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz, Janet, tell us there's going to be a
                  Masquerade!

                  Grace wouldn't let me do it last year....

                  Diamond Proudbrook

                  You can search right from your browser? It's easy and it's free. See
                  how.
                  http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/DtIolB/TM

                  Links