Re: [mythsoc] Stardust by Neil Gaiman

  • dianejoy@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 22 , Aug 5, 2004
      Er, I must make a correction; I have both *High* and *False* in regular
      MMPB editions, not the new ones you referred to, though I'd sure like to
      take a look at the illustrations.

      I love illustrations best when they act as "jumping off points" for the
      imagination of the reader; I love Ted Nasmith's work for another reason:
      because it captures as close as humanly possible, the images *I already had
      in mind* as I read JRRT's work. ---djb

      Message 2 of 22 , Aug 5, 2004
        Message 3 of 22 , Aug 5, 2004
          dianejoy@... writes:
          >I thought it inappropriate. Sometimes I wonder what audience Neil's trying
          >to hit.

          Me.

          More to the point, at this point, he's hitting the audince of people
          who like Neil Gaiman's work, along with anyone who's only been clued
          in recently.

          But even with Stardust, I don't think he's going for a child
          audience--maybe with works like "The Day I Sold My Father For Two
          Goldfish" or something.

          --
          Joshua Kronengold (mneme@(io.com, labcats.org)) |\ _,,,--,,_ ,)
          --^-- "Get your mind right and you can make a stick /,`.-'`' -, ;-;;'
          Message 4 of 22 , Aug 6, 2004