Mythic Pokemon?

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2004
      Hi,

      I'm often wondering what the connection is between things like Pokemon,
      Digimon and other such incredibly popular modern Japanese comics, and
      Japanese myths or culture, if any. I don't know anything about Eastern
      culture, beyond a few snippets, but I really am amazed how popular these
      series are. Is there anything they are tapping into, or is it just fun,
      cute, big-eyed critters and girls, and adventures and saving the world kind
      of stuff .... ??

      Lizzie

      Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      lizziewriter@...